Checking my dashboard for this WordPress blog, I discovered I have received 15 comments that have been isolated as spam. Sometimes there are legitimate comments that get quarantined and I want to be careful to review each one of them for legitimacy. What’s particularly interesting to me is how many of them tell me I’ve posted the greatest thing since sliced bread. There are two other things that seem to distinguish virtually every one of these. First, there is almost always a misspelling that generally consists of a spelling transposition, i.e. the letters are all there but not in the right places. Second, most of them use an acronym generally reserved for texting. Here are some examples:
- YMMD with that asenwr! TX
- That’s way the bseetst answer so far!
- You’re the graetest! JMHO
- Never seen a bteter post! ICOCBW
- With the bases loaded you strcuk us out with that answer!
- Thats raelly shrewd! Good to see the logic set out so well.
- AKAIK you’ve got the asnwer in one!
- Wow! Great tihnknig! JK
- Great common sense here. Wish Id thugoht of that