I have been asked by a dear friend of mine to share the following blog post. Here is what she said about it:
“My friend’s father has become an activist. At age 80+, he is FIRED UP to get the word out and effect positive change in the upcoming election. Can you help him make this message go viral? He doesn’t use social media, but knows about its reach and power. I’m inspired by his activism! And am helping by lending my blog page. Here’s his message:”
Friends & Family, In this November election, more than ever before, we must prevail. To do this we need to counter “faith based” (1) voting and voting by people who have short attention spans & respond well to rhetorical fear/hate campaign ads. Looking forward, if we let these people win, we could very well look up and find we have “dictatorship,” a bought-and-paid-for senate and an uncontrollable US “oligarchy” (2). Think Germany in the 1930’s when millions of innocent people died during the rise of the Nazis.
This time, we must stop Trump & we must break the GOP deadlock in the US Senate. This means electing at least 5 of the below listed senators.
With all the candidates now in place, we are left with making a concerted effort to influence the election outcomes. And the best tool we have is to contribute to the war chests of the “good people”.
Please consider making contribution to the following campaigns (click on the website, then on “Donate”).
- Biden/Harris for president/VP joebiden.com (vs. Trump)
- Candidates for federal (& state) offices in your state
- Candidates for US Senate in other states. None of these accept corporate PAC money; any amount would be appreciated-even $5:
- Arizona: Mark Kelly markkelly.com (vs. McSally)
- Maine: Sara Gideon saragideon.com (vs. Collins)
- Colorado: John Hickenlooper hickenlooper.com (vs. Gardner)
- South Carolina: Jamie Harrison jamieharrison.com (vs. Graham)
- North Carolina: Cal Cunningham calfornc.com (vs.Tillis)
- Iowa: Theresa Greenfield greenfieldforiowa.com (vs. Ernst)
- Kentucky: Amy McGrath amymcgrath.com (vs McConnell)
- Montana Steve Bullock stevebullock.com (vs. Daines)
MAKE IT REALLY EASY: When you go to make your first contribution, the website will ask if you want to contribute. If you click “Donate,” it will ask if you want to sign-up to use Act Blue. This is really a good idea, because for all contributions thereafter, when you click “donate” & the “amount”, ActBlue sends your contribution to appropriate candidate & bills your credit card.
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE help to multiply our efforts by sharing this message with your friends and family…. And, ask them to also share it with as many people as they can. Just copy and paste the blog link and share it via email, or post it on Facebook, Twitter, or your platform of choice. The link is https://rickladd.com/2020/08/17/gotv-and-give/
Thank you for your help!
(1) Faith based voting: My grandparents always voted Republican, my parents always voted Republican therefore I must vote Republican. Or my club president said vote Republican or my minister said vote Republican therefore… No data or other proof needed.
(2) Oligarchy: A small group of people having control of a country, organization (the 1-percenters)